I decided to rack the few remaining Sony MXP preamp and EQ modules I have. This particular mic pre module is using a discrete opamp enclosed in some green colored epoxy or something.
I've already racked a previous Sony mic pre and EQ, so I want this 2nd unit to match the layout of the first one I did. The only difference is this particular project, the mic pre does not have the Jensen transformers, and instead is using some discrete opamp, and will be in a black 1u case.
Here are some preliminary pictures.
The Mic Pre and EQ module I'll be racking.
Preparing the 1u front panel for drilling holes.
Having a drill press makes the job so much easier than using a hand drill. Safety first... don't forget to use goggles. Freak accidents happen, like a drill bit breaking and flying into your eye! (good thing I had the goggles!) So no matter show "quick" a job it is, don't forget your safety glasses or goggles.