Back in July, I showed you how to design an Eagle CAD Library for a switch. After a month or so, I've released a new product. My PEQ-503 EQ, which incorporated this switch library I designed.
Here are some photos:
The FiveFish Studios PEQ-503 is a beautiful, high-quality, single-channel three (3) band Inductor-based equalizer, designed for the popular API VPR500 Rack format.
Each frequency band has two (2) selectable frequencies, and a bypass
switch. It also has an overall EQ In/Bypass switch to let you easily
make sound comparisons.
The equalizer's smooth broad curves makes tonal adjustments easy and
fast. You can go from small, subtle changes to extreme carving or
boosting up to +/- 18dB per band. The SUB and AIR frequency bands can
give your tracks the chest-thumping punch you want, and that extra
sparkle at the top end without sounding harsh. The mid frequencies band
takes care of adding that extra bite to your sound to make it pop.
The PEQ-503 Equalizer uses the following:
- A balanced line level receiver using InGenius® high-common mode rejection technology.
- An ultra-low distortion, low noise, operational amplifier optimized
for high performance audio is used in the EQ section, along with
imported Carnhill inductors from the UK, to perform the musical tone
shaping and sculpting of your sound.
- Using OutSmarts technology for the Balanced output driver, thus
capable of driving difficult loads, with short-circuit protection.
The PEQ-503 is all about choices. You can outfit the EQ with optional
Discrete 2520/990 type op amp*, and an Output Transformer*. You can
also request special panels colors*, just email us for availability.
There are also on-board jumpers on the EQ that allows you to experiment
and change the Low Frequency and Mid Frequency bands from the factory
default setting, to better suit your taste or musical style. Output
Bypass jumpers also allow you to change between an active balanced
direct output, or transformer output coupling.
Join the other professionals that have discovered the PEQ-503
Equalizer's quality performance. The PEQ-503 is equally at home for use
in the mix bus, or individual tracks and channels. You will love it!
* Available separately, extra charges may apply.
FiveFish Studios and the PEQ-503 Equalizer is part of the API VPR Alliance.
The VPR Alliance is a program of
standardization and consistency guidelines set by API Audio for
manufacturers, to make our products physically fit and electronically
conform to API's 500 series rack specifications. As stated on API's
website, "Customers benefit from the VPR Alliance through the
elimination of any confusion as to which products are endorsed for
placement in API racks. Customers also benefit from a wider range of
module choices for their racks, safety in the knowledge that the
specification of the third party unit is correct, and that there is no
risk of damage occurring. "
- 3-Band EQ - Inductor Based EQ
- Two Frequency Selection switch per band + independent flat/bypass position
- 12K/AIR HF control +/- 18dB gain
- 1.1K/3.2K MF control +/- 18dB gain
- SUB/120Hz LF control +/- 18dB gain
- EQ On/Bypass switch
- Relay-controlled Bypass
- Electronically Balanced Inputs using inGenius Technology
- Electronically Balanced Outputs using OutSmarts Technology
- Output Tranformer option
- Discrete OpAmp option, or PDIP chip
- Using Carnhill/UK VTB inductors for LF and MF control
- WIMA caps for EQ filters
- 1% metal resistors
- Bourns Potentiometers
- Solid Machined Aluminum Knobs
- CNC-milled/engraved/paint-filled front panel
- Double-sided, plated through PCBs
- Low Noise Equalizer
- Jumper settings for experimentation, changing the EQ filter frequencies